GGF HEALTH AND SAFETY CHANGES
- Posted 25/02/2014
The GGF Health and Safety Committee is pleased to announce that the new Chairman for the Committee is, John Hawkins of Roman Glass who have been GGF Members since 1999.
Nigel Rees, GGF Group Chief Executive said, “I would like to congratulate John on being elected as the new Chairman of the Health and Safety Committee and I am sure his experience and knowledge will be of great benefit to the Committee and the Federation.”
On his appointment John said 'I am proud to be elected Chairman of the GGF Health and Safety Committee. I look forward to using wide experience in Health and Safety in the industry to ensure the GGF delivers useful guidance and information to assist our members.”
The Health and Safety Committee meeting which took place on Monday 10th February 2014, at the GGF Offices, London discussed the following topics;
- The progress and plans for GGF GLASS Charter
- The potential health risks of nano particles in liquid applied surface treatments
- Health and Safety Executive (HSE) Manufacturing Sector Strategy
- Maximum Workplace Temperature Consultation
- Asbestos awareness leaflet
- Asbestos in putty
- A presentation on New Glass Stillages
Also during the meeting it was announced that the GGF would be advertising for a new Health, Safety and Environment Manager in the trade press. For further information in this vacancy please contact Frieda Nahary, HR Manager firstname.lastname@example.org.