GGF MEMBERS SURVEY PROVIDES USEFUL INSIGHTS
- Posted 31/01/2017
The GGF Members’ Satisfaction Survey 2016 was completed at the end of December and the results are now published for Members to view.
Over 31% of the GGF’s Membership took part in the survey with 63% of Members satisfied with the Federation’s services and benefits whilst 33% of respondents were neither satisfied nor dissatisfied with just 3.4% expressing dissatisfaction.
The Survey provided some useful insights for the GGF and will help the industry’s leading trade body hone its strategies for Members’ benefit.
Of the areas of work the GGF undertakes, technical came out most popular with 71.5% of Members who responded saying that the GGF’s technical knowledge/help was of benefit to their business. The second most valued benefit was the use of the GGF brand with almost 55% of respondents stating this benefited their business.
Brian Baker, Interim Chief Executive commented, “I am pleased that almost one third of our Membership took the time to complete the Survey. It is so important that we listen to our Members and shape our strategy accordingly. In the next few months, we will fully analyse the survey submissions and take the necessary action to improve the GGF services and benefits.”
The Survey consisted of 51 questions across 11 areas of GGF benefits. Some of the key findings are listed below.
- 54% of respondents said they regularly use the GGF’s technical publications with 75% saying they were satisfied overall with the quality and presentation of the GGF’s technical library.
- Over 85% of respondents deemed the technical content quality either good or excellent.
- An overwhelming 80% of Members access GGF technical publications online.
- 39% of respondents said they attend meetings for the content/topics in the presentations.
- 40% of respondents said they attended GGF meetings for the networking opportunities.
- 29% of respondents said they attended GGF meetings regularly.
- On the political campaigning the GGF does on behalf of Members, 40% felt the Federation was doing enough with the resources it has at its disposal, with 9.5% saying the GGF should do more in this area and 8% of respondents believing the GGF does too much political campaigning.
- 75% of respondents deemed Building Regulations as the most important area of focus for the GGF’s political work.
- 8.6% of respondents were dissatisfied with the GGF’s political campaigning/lobbying.
Marketing and Communications
- 54% of respondents felt using the GGF logo was of benefit with 71% displaying the logo on their website.
- 49% of respondents were either satisfied or very satisfied with the GGF’s activities, presence and involvement at events and exhibitions.
- Over 69% of respondents were satisfied or very satisfied with the GGF’s overall communications.
GGF’s Consumer Package
- 86% of the GGF’s consumer facing companies were satisfied or very satisfied with the GGF’s consumer support.
- 56% of companies selling to consumers were either satisfied or very satisfied with the GGF’s Consumer Code of Practice as approved by the Chartered Trading Standards Institute.
- 53% of respondents who sell to consumers, felt that the GGF’s consumer website MyGlazing.com was a satisfactory GGF benefit to their business.
Brian Baker concluded, “The GGF exists for its Members and is constantly aiming to improve its services and the benefits to support the Membership. I’d like to take this opportunity to thank all those Members who took part in this Survey.”